Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think you might be a half-blood? Pursued by monsters? Then welcome to Camp Half-Blood!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Information

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chiron
Admin
Chiron

Information Empty
PostSubject: Information   Information EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 7:45 pm

You may be wondering, how can we have a Percy Jackson role-playing game? It doesn't really lend itself to a game, not like Harry Potter or Star Trek or something similar. But I think it does. So here is some information for you, just to tell you how the game works.

• You start off (most of the time) as a Half-Blood. You can also play an Immortal, but only after playing on this game for at least three months. That way I know you as a player, I will hopefully have come to trust you and I will know you are truly active. You can also play a Satyr, but you must ask me before doing so.
  • There are four main points to the game. First, you will train in the camp. Kind of like going to classes at Hogwarts, except they aren't actual classes and you don't have to take all of them. You only take the ones that suit your character's abilities. Second, you will go on quests, but only a few characters at a time. The number will vary. Third, participating in the main plot of the site. This will change during each game year. And finally, developing your character, which is always a main point in any role-playing game.
  • Time will move as we wish it to. If we need it to go slowly, especially during a quest, it will. If we need to speed it up, we can.
  • You can have a NPC family that you may go home to during the rest of the year if you wish.
  • You may join as a child anywhere between 8 and 15 years old. Anyone older than that it is assumed would not have survived being on their own for so long.
  • When creating your character's personality, please remember their Immortal parent's personality, because they will have similarities.
  • When choosing a celebrity for your character, make sure you pick someone that is similar to your chosen Immortal parent.
  • Hera and Artemis are honorary and do not have children, so don't pick them.
  • Zeus, Hades and Poseidon may not be chosen unless you have permission from me. Just send me an Iris if you wish to be the child of one of the Big Three and we will discuss it.
  • Please take note that this game does NOT take place in the Percy Jackson timeline. There is no Percy Jackson or any other character from that book except the Immortals. Make up your own characters. Also, anything that happened in the books is ignored. There was no stealing of the lightning bolt or the Immortals father trying to rise, etc. We are making our own storyline.
  • Please do not try to make your character perfect. All characters have weaknesses and that is what makes them interesting.
  • Go easy on the "tragic history" angle of your character's past. We can't all have tragic characters.
  • Quests will be given by me through the Oracle. I will choose which characters are going and what their quest will be. But it is up to those characters how their quest will turn out. I will try to keep things as interesting as possible.
  • We will play "Capture the Flag" every other game week. This should give you something besides training to do.
  • There will be a yearly field trip to Mount Olympus.
  • You do NOT always have to keep the rules of the camp. If one or a few of you decide to leave to go on an adventure of your own making, I will not stop you.
  • Any interaction with the Immortals will be planned beforehand. I will decide if you meet them or not, just as I decide who plays an Immortal. If you meet an Immortal before they have a player, the Immortal will just be a NPC. You may request, however, to meet an Immortal or talk to one. Just send me an Iris and we will discuss it.

I think that's all. If I add to this list, I will let you know!
Back to top Go down
https://camp-half-blood-rpg.rpg-board.net
forevercoolzforumotioncom

forevercoolzforumotioncom

Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Information   Information EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Thanks for the notification! Great website!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://forevercoolz.forumotion.com/

Information
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum