Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think you might be a half-blood? Pursued by monsters? Then welcome to Camp Half-Blood!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thalassa James

Thalassa James

Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron) Empty
PostSubject: Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron)   Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 8:53 pm

Thalassa ran toward the camp with the Satyr coming up behind her. Pursuing them were the three Furies. Hades was clearly not pleased that Poseidon had had a child.

Thalassa slid to a halt as a Fury suddenly landed in front of her with a huge whip. She looked around frantically as the Satyr began yelling for help from the camp.

The Fury came toward her, waving its whip in the air and then cracking it down onto the Satyr. He fell to the ground, dead, as Thalassa screamed in despair and anger.

"What do you want from me?!" she yelled, all the while looking around desperately for a means of escape.

Suddenly the other two Furies caught up behind her. She was struck from behind and she fell to the ground, gasping for breathe.

She stared up at the Fury with the whip, who was grinning at her evilly. Just as she brought the whip down an arrow exploded through her chest and she disintegrated into sand. The other two Furies screeched in fury.
Back to top Go down
Chiron
Admin
Chiron

PostSubject: Re: Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron)   Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 8:59 pm

Chiron heard the yells for help which were quickly silenced. He yelled for his bow and arrows and then cantered out of the main house with them and a few campers.

Reaching the top of the hill, Chiron saw exactly what was going on below. Three Furies stood around a young girl, who was on the ground. His anger flared and as one of the Fury's raised its whip he shot it through the heart. It exploded into sand and he raced down the hill with the handful of campers following as quickly as they could.

The battle was quickly over. The remaining Furies were destroyed for the time being.

Chiron trotted over to the girl. "Are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
https://camp-half-blood-rpg.rpg-board.net
Thalassa James

Thalassa James

PostSubject: Re: Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron)   Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:03 pm

Thalassa looked up at the Centaur, her eyes wide. She had known that the Greek myths were real, but knowing and seeing were two different things.

"I...I'm okay." She stood up and then the memory of the Satyr hit her. She gasped and ran toward him. Some of the campers had already picked up his body and were about to carry him to the Satyr council.

"Wait!" she cried and ran up to the Satyr. She stared at him in sadness and a little anger. Not at him but at herself and at the Furies and Hades. The Satyr shouldn't have died.

She put her hand on his forehead, closed her eyes and said, "May you be at peace and return as something beautiful, which is what you deserve. Thank you for saving me."

Then she turned and walked back to the Centaur. "Are you Chiron then?"
Back to top Go down
Chiron
Admin
Chiron

PostSubject: Re: Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron)   Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:05 pm

Chiron watched the girl with interest. The scene tugged at his heart. She was brave and clearly had a good heart. When she returned to him he nodded in answer. "I am. I regret that you have had such a horrible welcome to the Camp. But...welcome to Camp Half-Blood. I think you should spend a night in the Infirmary. In the morning we can begin our tour."
Back to top Go down
Thalassa James

Thalassa James

PostSubject: Re: Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron)   Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron) EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:09 pm

Thalassa nodded. "Alright," she said. She was feeling pretty tired. No...exhausted was a better word. She had been running since Vegas, where her mother was murdered. The Satyr had only caught up with her in Chicago and led her to the Camp.

She was about to follow when people's eyes traveled to above her head. She looked up and saw that her father had formally claimed her with a glowing trident.

The campers not holding the Satyr bowed to her, which made her distinctly uncomfortable. But she was the daughter of the Sea King. She nodded briefly, glad that her father had claimed her so quickly.

Then she followed Chiron back to the main house.

((OOC: Permission to GM Chiron a bit there))
Back to top Go down
Chiron
Admin
Chiron

PostSubject: Re: Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron)   Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron) EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 9:52 am

Morning

The next morning Chiron found his new camper awake and alert. She seemed rather jittery, as though she couldn't stand sitting still. This was normal in half-bloods, but she seemed a little worse than normal. He supposed it was because she had been on the run since her mother died.

"I hope you slept well. I've come to take you on a tour of the camp. Are you ready?" he asked.

((OOC: Permission to GM Thalassa))
Back to top Go down
Thalassa James

Thalassa James

PostSubject: Re: Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron)   Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron) EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Thalassa nodded at Chiron and followed him out onto the grounds. They passed through various training stations, a huge Amphitheater and dining pavilion. There was a lake, a beach and a huge forest that Chiron said was stocked with monsters. They went by a climbing wall that had actual lava pouring from it; campers fighting with swords, spears, axes and other dangerous weapons. There were crafts stations, stables and finally they reached the cabins. There were twelve cabins.

Chiron led Thalassa to her new cabin, number three. Poseidon. It was low, long, and solid, with all the windows facing the sea. The outer walls were rough gray stone with pieces of seashell and coral and it looked like the bottom of the ocean floor. On the inside it had six empty bunk beds and the walls glowed like abalone.

Thalassa nodded. It would do.
Back to top Go down
Chiron
Admin
Chiron

PostSubject: Re: Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron)   Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron) EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Chiron had explained as much as he could to her during the tour. Now he needed to get back to his duties. "Well, I will leave you to settle in. Tomorrow you will begin your training. We'll try you out on a few different things, see what you are good at. Then you'll focus on those areas. I'll see you tonight at the dining pavilion."

He nodded at her, turned and trotted back toward the main house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron)   Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron) Empty

Back to top Go down

Arrival (Thalassa/Chiron)
Page 1 of 1